Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where did it go??

Ever get the feeling that having kids has just sucked every bit of brainpower right out of your head??? I swear that from the moment I first got pregnant, my mental capacity has been on a downward spiral, and I don't know how to get it back. Is it the lack of sleep? The long hours spent playing the same game over and over? A lack of adult conversation? Okay, it's not really that bad, but I did have to laugh at myself when I poured Grape Nuts into my coffee this morning. I somehow managed to pour quite a bit before I realized that something was not quite right...

On another note, I am happy to report that Luke has been doing great sleeping again. I finally got a childproof knob for the door so he couldn't open it. He was pretty mad the first night but eventually got over it. I somehow came to realize that he was okay in his room if I was laying in there as well. This led us to throw a sleeping bag on the floor (hey, if I'm going to be sleeping in there, I at least want to be comfortable). Luke loved the sleeping bag and has been sleeping on the floor for the past two weeks with pretty much no problem (all by himself). I guess he was just done with his crib. We just purchased his big bed today and took the crib out of his room. It's a full sized bed, just like Calvin's, but it's not on a frame so it's pretty low to the ground. I think he's pretty excited to have his own bed. We'll see how it goes tonight.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Steph! This made me laugh so hard and it also made me so glad I'm not alone. I just posted a new blog and then came over to read this! We are so in the same frame of mind.

LOL!!

Tracy said...

How'd that taste? :) So funny! You and Amber need another vacation already. Glad Luke is sleeping again. Mikie still prefers the floor to his bed. Another idea would be to get one of those bed tents. That might feel like camping to him.

Carrie said...

LOL! Nice to know that someone else is missing a couple brain cells....my three worst were pouring pasta into the sink without putting the colandar in first, putting away the cucumbers I brought home from the grocery store in the DISHWASHER & microwaving my car keys with my coffee...so don't feel bad!
Great news about Luke, I will remember to try a sleeping bag w/ Hudson when it comes time!

Boagie (Janice) said...

That's funny...maybe you should submit your new recipe to Starbucks. Glad Luke is sleeping better.

Leah said...

Ha! I have a moment every day I think, I just always hope that no one else is around (particularly the hubby!) to see it.

Sleeping bag, great idea!! Hope the bed goes over smoothly. Happy Mother's day!