Sunday, November 16, 2008

Baking Cookies

I had some "manly" aprons made for the boys recently. (I originally wrote cute, but that would really make Dave roll his eyes in disgust). The day after I showed them to Calvin he came up to me and said, "I have an idea. We can make cookies. I can wear my new apron." Well, who could turn that down? In the spirit of Amber, who bravely takes on such activities, we proceded to make some sugar cookies. Calvin put on his apron and pulled the chair up to the counter. As soon as Luke noticed, he went and pushed a chair over to the counter too, so he could get in on the action.

Here's Calvin rolling out the dough.
Luke stirring the dough. I left his binky in to keep him from eating the dough. It didn't work.

These were pre-baking pictures. They did not look quite so clean afterwards.





Of course, the boys made a huge mess, but Luke was all too happy to grab the vaccuum and "help" clean up.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Wasn't that fun? YOu looked like you had a great time!

Tracy said...

Cute....I mean handsome....Aprons! How'd they taste?

Boagie (Janice) said...

Cute pics. Loved the one with Luke and his binky, looks like something for an early morning talk show. The aprons were still cute in my opinion; but manly also.